Friday, December 3, 2010

Dialogue with Linali

                Okay, so I thought about the passage that I wrote yesterday, and I realized that I like the premise. And the hallway. That is based off of something that is not in real life but in real life but not. Anyways, I realized that she is like, I’m looking at a hallway, and it is epic-face, and suddenly I am epic tired. I am going to slump down against this wall and angst about ambiguous things that the writer doesn’t want to tell you about right now! Hurray! I like the name Linali. She was going to be white, and I was going to name her Jacqueline and call her Jack, but it turned out that her name is Linali. And now she has long, sleek, shiny black hair. That she ties up into a ponytail. And she is badass. Actually, I don’t know if she actually will be. But she is in my mind right now. I think some of you know what she does for a living. And what the entire premise of the story is. Because I like sharing what the story is. Oops, spoiler.
                Hi Linali, you’re adorable and cute and I love you. Why are you talking to me? I’m a figment of your imagination. In fact, why am I answering? This just means you’re talking to yourself. Geez, this girl has an attitude. I’m not sure if I’m going to change that or not. And really, I feel the need to make her perfect. Minus that one little problem. That I will not tell you about. I think that people are going to be annoyed at my story. This is okay, I don’t think I care. I’ll deal with it if I end up caring.
                Okay, so I cannot decide what she looks like. I know she has black hair and probably Asiatic features to go with it. I don’t know how tall she will be. Actually, I think I will have a picture of her in my head. And I will base it off of that. But not really. I will change her to be anything that I feel she should be. Like be awesome enough to have a gun strapped to her leg. And point it at people a lot. But actually not really, because that would mean she is bad at being non-obvious. Being subtle. That’s it. I will not walk around with a gun strapped to me. That’s against the image I’m trying to build. Fine, you don’t have to. And you won’t. You can be full of frills and happiness. I don’t want that either. Can’t I just be a normal person? At least on the outside? And give me a normal job as a cover. (Okay, I can’t believe that I’m talking to myself, like seriously. What’s wrong with me.) You know what, Linali? I don’t care about you right now. Deal with it. You have no cover or a second job. Go die in a hole. *Glare* Just kidding, I love you. You can be like, a home trader/investor or something. Because you live in a really nice place. Because rich people pay a lot. I really don’t know, I’ll think about it. That’s what I thought. But no really, I don’t want to talk about you anymore. Get over yourself.
                I like rollercoasters. They are lots of funsies and I am the happiness. I think that rollercoasters should be the normal form of transportation. Because seriously, why wouldn’t you want to go up and down and in corkscrews and loop-de-loops all the time? Walking is so boring. Rollercoasters are more fun.
                I’m still on your mind. I know. Shut up and go away. Is that any way to treat your main character? Why yes it is. Fine. I’ll give you severe writer’s block. Ha. See what you’re going to do then. Is that even possible? For me to give writer’s block to myself? Actually, it’s probably totally possible, since I’m talking to the character inside my head. Actually, Linali, you’re supposed to be a soft-spoken, elegant, and dainty girl. You’re very coarse and sarcastic right now. Hey, I’m a reflection of you. You’re the sarcastic one. Point taken. Actually, I’ll figure out what she’s going to be. I think she’d be more dynamic if she wasn’t this perfect flower of a child. I also realized that I can’t make the main guy character based off a Korean idol. Because then I can’t kill him brutally. And I would feel bad, and I would turn the entire story into a sappy and icky romance. Because I would love the K idol. Actually, I could just write about two K idols. And make everyone barf with the utter sappiness of it all. And clichéd-ness. Nah, I’ll leave that to my character sketches. You thought about abandoning me? *pout* Wait, now you’re all cutesy? You’re supposed to be badass. I can be as badass as I want. Doesn’t change that fact that I’m a girl. And I will act accordingly feminine and adorable. Okay, that works for me. Alright, I’m tired of talking to you. You will shut up for now. And I will publish this post. Okay, bye.
Post-blog-note: Wow, I’m crazy. Like, not even kidding. I’m seriously crazy. And this was totally mind barf. Or stream of consciousness. That definitely sounds better than mind-barf.

1 comment:

  1. teehee. :) i actually think that this dialogue with your character will help a lot--it will help to develop how linali talks, and her mannerisms, and it'll make her seem more real to the readers. so even though you may think it's crazy, i think it'ls a ton of help. :)

    ReplyDelete